Jeff Gomez, the world’s most successful transmedia producer, comes to Canada to present his one-day Master Class plus his two famous workshops TRANSMEDIA STORYTELLING WORKSHOP, The Future of Story Across Multiple Media Platforms and AUDIENCE & POPULATION ACTIVATION.
Jeff has been featured at Banff World Media Festival, San Diego Comic Con, Kidscreen, the Games Developers Conference, TED Talks and other major media events all around the world. Whether you’re in film, television, marketing, publishing, education or interactive media this is a rare opportunity to learn from the world’s leading expert at the development, production and distribution of multi-platform narrative.
Jeff will candidly share his experience on projects of all sizes, with a specific focus on the CANADIAN context. This Master Class delivers practical, how-to training and will assist you to maximize the effectiveness of your projects, your business, and your brands with the vanguard technique of transmedia storytelling. Learn how to create intense loyalty and long-term engagement among audiences, communities and consumers, which in turn can yield multiple revenue streams.
Whether you’re in film, television, design, marketing, publishing, education or interactive media, this is a rare opportunity to spend a full day learning from Jeff Gomez, who has been performing his Master Class to sold out venues across the globe.
Who Should Attend?
- Policy Makers from the film, television and online industries
DIGITAL MEDIA PROFESSIONALS
- Web Developers and Designers
- App and mobile Developers
- Game Developers and Designers
- Multiplatform Producers
- Digital Media Strategists
BRAND + COMMUNICATION PROFESSIONALS
- Marketing Professionals and Creatives
- Public Relations Professionals
- Social Media Strategists
- Branded Content Producers
PUBLISHING + EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS
- Curriculum Developers
In recent years, the value proposition of transmedia narrative has been proven again and again with such implementations as Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Star Wars, The Hunger Games, and Game of Thrones. The global demand for producers familiar with the process of incubating, developing and producing this type of content for studios, networks, and corporations is on the rise.
All-new and offered for the first time in CANADA, this Master Class delivers practical, how-to training and will assist you to maximize the effectiveness of your projects, your business, and your brands with the vanguard technique of transmedia storytelling.
Learn how to create intense loyalty and long-term engagement among audiences, communities and consumers, which in turn can yield multiple revenue streams.
If you are a writer, or if you’re in television, film, advertising, marketing, PR, branded content, games, app development, or any form of interactive media – this class will increase the effectiveness of your projects using transmedia storytelling – immediately – regardless of your budget.
Creating Blockbuster Worlds features the following topics:
Part I —
- A Brief History of the Evolution of Transmedia Storytelling Techniques
- Criteria for Selecting Author, Work and Messaging for Transmedia Development
- Criteria for a Successful Transmedia Story World
- Roadblocks at Concept Phase
- Partnerships & Agreements
- Distinguishing Corporate Narratives, Brand Universes and Product Story Worlds
- Assessment & Alignment of Narrative
- Creative Team Assembly & the Role of the Transmedia Producer
- Franchise Narrative Superstructures
Now, for the first time in the Canada, Jeff will describe his fascinating work in audience and population activation. He will use case studies to illustrate how transmedia techniques can be used to educate and foster dialog among the disenfranchised, to promote spiritual enlightenment, and to move societies away from violence and corruption. Jeff will also outline the 9-Step process by which Starlight Runner conceives and produces its peacebuilding, ecumenical, and population activation campaigns.Buy Tickets
- A primer on narrative analysis
- Case studies for audience activation in response to narrative in media
- Case studies for self-organizing response to flashpoint events
- Audience analysis and innovation of transmedia messaging
- Structuring a geo-political, educational or spiritual transmedia campaign
- Building an architecture for dialog
- Production and implementation
- Resources for further study
Jeff Gomez, CEO of Starlight Runner Entertainment, is the world’s leading expert at expanding entertainment properties, premium brands, and socio-political themes into highly successful transmedia narratives and international campaigns. As a consultant to Fortune 500 companies, Jeff develops corporate and individual brand narratives and contributes strategic planning and production for the extension of narrative content across digital and traditional platforms.
He also extends films, toys, novels and comic books and graphic novels, animation, and video game titles across multiple access points and product lines, which generate massive fan communities and multiple revenue streams.
Jeff created the smash hit Hot Wheels animation universe for Mattel, and has worked with such companies as:
- The Walt Disney Company (Pirates of the Caribbean, Fairies, Tron Legacy),
- 20th Century Fox (James Cameron’s Avatar)
- Sony Pictures Entertainment (Men in Black 3, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Venom)
- Microsoft (Halo)
- Coca-Cola (Happiness Factory)
- Hasbro (Transformers)
- Nickelodeon (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Showtime (Dexter )
- Pepperidge Farm (Goldfish)
Jeff was designated a Hollywood “Power Player” by Variety in 2012.
Day 1: Master ClassLimited to 70 Participants
$ 499Tue June 3Two 3-hour Sessions Includes admission to Day 2 Learn how to create intense loyalty and long-term engagement among audiences, communities and consumers, by developing highly successful entertainment, brand, and social issue story worlds.
Day 2Audience & Population Activation
$ 99Wed June 4Audience & Population Activation
2 hour Session